Royal Icing is easy to make and very useful to decorate cookies.
Sorry, I forgot to take pictures this time. I shall definitely add it next time.
Icing Sugar – 2 cups
Meringue pw – 1.5 tbsp
Vanilla or Lemon Extract – 1/4 tsp
Warm Water – 1/4 cup
- Whisk the icing sugar and meringue pw together in a bowl.
- Add water as well as the extract and beat on high speed until glossy and stiff peaks have formed.
- Add more water or icing sugar if needed to get to the right consistency.
- I have used flood consistency which means that the icing falls of from the beater in the form of a ribbon.
- Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container to prevent hardening.