This is one of my favorite pasta recipes. Simple and few ingredients. The topping with the bread crumbs takes it to the next level. Adapted from Laura in the Kitchen.Try n enjoy
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Cauliflower – 1(chopped into small florets)
Garlic – 4 cloves (chopped)
Red Chilly Flakes – 1 to 2 tsp according to taste
Chicken Broth – 2 cups
Pasta – 2 cups
Fresh Parsley – 2 tbsp (chopped)
Butter – 2 tbsp
Parmigiano Reggiano – 1 cup
For the topping
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Red Bell Pepper -1 (sliced)
Fresh Bread Crumbs – 1/2 to 1 cup
Parsley – 1 tbsp(chopped)
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute well.
- Add cauliflower to it and saute for ten minutes till it gets a golden brown color. Also add a bit of salt, pepper and crushed red chillies if you like it spicy.
- Add chicken broth to it and let it cook for ten minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the pasta, butter, parsley and parmigiano reggiano to the cauliflower and mix it well.
- In another pan, heat olive oil and saute the red bell peppers.
- Add the bread crumbs and parsley to the bell peppers and saute till the bread crumbs are golden brown in color.
- Add to the pasta. Serve hot. Enjoy.
Love this pasta because the Cajun makes it a tad spicy. It brings on a marvelous blend of vegetables, chicken and a yummy thick sauce. It is super easy to make and I hope that the pictures make it easier for you to follow.
Boneless Skinless Chicken, cut into small pieces – 1 lb
Pasta of your Choice – 2 cups
Bell Peppers (different colors), cut into strips – 2
Yellow Onion, sliced – 1
Mushrooms, sliced – 1 cup
Garlic – 4 Cloves
Cajun Seasoning – 2 Tbsp
Chicken Stock – 1 cup
Half and Half or light cream – 1/4 cup
Fresh Chopped Parsley – 2 Tbsp
Butter – 4 Tbsp
Salt and Pepper- to taste
- Fill a large pot with water, add a tsp of salt and bring to a boil.
- Season the chicken thighs with the cajun seasoning and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 2 Tbsp of butter and allow it to melt over medium heat.
- Now add the chicken and saute it for about 4 to 5 minutes and remove on to a plate.
- Add remaining butter to the skillet. Add the peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Saute the veggies for about 5 to 6 minutes till they are moderately cooked.
- Add the chicken, chicken stock and cook for 10 minutes. The sauce should start reducing and thickening.
- In the meantime, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
- Add the half and half or light cream, salt & pepper and the cooked pasta and cook everything together for about a minute or until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!