This is one of the best cakes ever. Super rich but super good too. I served it to my friends and colleagues. They couldn’t stop with 1 piece and wanted me to post the recipe asap. So here it is my friends. . Try and Enjoy!
- Yellow Cake – 1 (baked in a 9 x 13 inch pan):
- Recipe Link for yellow cake – http://cookwithvinu.com/?p=1463
- Evaporated Milk- 1 can
- Condensed Milk – 1 can
- Whole Milk- 1 cup
- Free the edges of the cake from the pan and poke holes all through the cake evenly with a skewer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, condensed milk and whole milk.
- Pour the above mixture onto the cake.
- Let it sink in for a few hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon as a topping if you like. I served it just plain.
Who doesn’t love moist and soft yellow cake.This cake is perfect for layering with icing, carving or just to devour as it is. Follow through the steps carefully to get a very moist cake.
- Eggs – 4 (large)
- Sugar – 1 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Cake Flour – 1 cup (For substitution: 1 cup all purpose flour – 2 tbsp all purpose flour + 2 tbsp cornstarch – sifted 3 times)
- Baking Pw -2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Dissolve the eggs and sugar over a double boiler till its warm(around 115 degrees F)
- Now whisk the above mixture at high speed for about 5 minutes till it triples in volume.
- In the meantime melt the butter and milk in a saucepan or microwave till its hot. Add vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients( all purpose flour, cake flour, baking pw and salt) together.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the eggs-sugar mixture and fold it in.
- Take out some of the batter and mix vigorously with the hot milk-butter mixture.
- Now fold it in with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour into prepared pans or cupcake liners.
- Bake till a toothpick inserted comes out clean (30-35 min).
Goooey Chocolatey brownies. . Yummm.. Its my favorite. I love to devour it slightly warm along with vanilla ice cream. A little bite is enough to satisfy your taste buds and hit the spot. It can look like a lot of work but honestly, its pretty simple.
Butter – 1 cup
All Purpose Flour – 2/3 cup
Sugar- 1 3/4 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Eggs – 3(large)
Banana – 1/2 cup(mashed, about 1 medium banana)
Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
Cocoa Pw – 3/4 cup
For the Topping
Heavy Cream – 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Chocolate – 7 oz
Mini Marshmallow – 2 cups
Almonds(sliced) – 1/4 cup
To Make the Brownie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt butter in a small pan till golden brown in color. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar and salt.
- Add in eggs, banana and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and cocoa and gently fold in till combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
To Make the Topping
To make the Ganache
- Boil cream in a saucepan
- Take the chocolate in a mixing bowl and add the hot cream to it.
- Mix it well with a fork/whisk till it thickens.The ganache is ready.
- Pour this ganache on top of the cooled brownie.
- Let it set for an hour or two.
- Now add the marshmallow on top evenly as well as the sliced almonds.
- Broil it for 30 seconds while rotating the pan every 10 seconds.
- Ensure that the marshmallows do not get burnt. It should be golden yellow.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy.
Adapted from Fine Cooking
These sugar cookies are easy to make and highly pliable. They can be rolled over and over again and it won’t lose its texture. The recipe is from Gretchen at gretchensbakery.com. She is very kind to share her professional recipes with us. After trying numerous recipes for cookies, I have come to the conclusion that this is the best recipe for sugar cookies especially if you plan on decorating them.
All Purpose Flour – 6 cups
Baking pw = 1 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Unsalted Butter – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
Eggs – 2 (large)
Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and then eggs, one by one and beat well.Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking pw and salt. Add this to the above creamed mixture and mix until just combined.
- Wrap this dough in a plastic wrap and chill it for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- The dough can be stored safely in the refrigerator for a week or in the freezer for 2 months.
- Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes.
- Transfer the cut outs onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown in color
I love how the hot dog buns in the Chinese bakery are so soft and fluffy. I decided to make it at home and tried out a few different shapes. If you are like me and want to make something different, then give this a try. Its perfect for a quick snack. Children would love it because of the different shapes especially the puppy shape. You could add some toppings like cheese, chopped green onions, sliced onions, sliced bell pepper to it just before baking. If you have any questions, please post it in the comment section and I shall make sure I reply. Do try and enjoy
Hot dogs – 8 (uncooked)
All purpose flour – 370 gms
Warm milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Quick Rise Yeast – 2 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Sea Salt – 1 tsp
Melted Butter – 3 tbsp
- Mix the warm mix and sugar in a small bowl and then add the yeast to it. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- It will become frothy if the temperature of the milk is right. Make sure that the milk is not hot as it will kill the yeast and the dough will not rise.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix it well.
- Add the melted butter and beat it for couple of minutes.
- Add the yeast mixture and mix it to form a dough. Knead the dough for ten minutes till smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Let it rise for an hour till it has doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal and smooth pieces. I weighed mine to make sure they are equal in size.
- Follow the pictorial instructions to make the different shapes with the dough.
1. Roll out the dough in a rectangle. Place the hot dog inside and cover it up with the dough.
2. From the top, make cuts on it up to 3/4 the way as shown in the picture. Now place each slice on either side till all the way through.
3. For the next one, roll the dough into a circle. Make two small slits on the sides and spread it out. These are the doggy ears. Now slice the mouth part in half using scissors. It was tricky to do that but possible. Now place half a hot dog in the mouth part and then seal it up. Then use black kidney bean or coffee bean for the eyes and nose.
4. Roll up the dough into a rectangle and place the hot dog in the center. Now makes small slits on each side. Now braid the dough over the hot dog as seen in the picture.
5. Roll out the dough using your hands like a rope/ string. Wind the hotdog using this rolled out rope for the next design.
6. Roll out the dough into a circle. Make slits in the dough as shown in the picture. Slice the hot dogs into 6 pieces and insert the pieces into the six petals of the dough.
- Place all the prepared hot dog buns onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it rest for 40 to 60 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Beat one egg in a small bowl and use a brush to egg wash the rested dough. Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown in color.
Soft, soft blueberry muffins with a strudel topping. Yummy!!
Try and enjoy!
For the muffins
All purpose flour – 2 1/2 cups
Whole wheat flour- 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Vegetable oil – 2/3 cup
Eggs – 2
Milk – 1 cup
Frozen or fresh blueberries – 2 cups
For the topping
Sugar – 1/2 cup
All purpose flour – 1/3 cup
Butter – 1/4 cup
Ground cinnamon – 1 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the pan to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Measure all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, measure all the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a whisk, hand mixer or in a mixer using a paddle attachment.
- Fold in the blueberries into the batter.
- The batter looks like this.
- Make the topping – Make the crumble by mixing the flour, butter, sugar and cinnamon together using a fork.
- Prepare the muffin tins: Grease the muffin tins with a light coat of butter and sprinkle some flour over it. Dust off the extra flour.You can also use cupcake liners.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan until it is 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle 1 to 2 tbsp of the topping on top of the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes till springy to the touch.