This is an all in one dish – a perfect one pot meal. It is wonderfully creamy with lovely flavours.
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Butter – 4 tbsp
Carrots – 2 (grated)
Cauliflower – a small pc(cut into small florets)
Chicken thighs – 1.5 lbs (cut into small pieces)
Salt – 2 tsp
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Bay Leaves – 2
Dry white wine – 1 cup
Chicken broth(hot) – 5 cups
White rice (Jasmine or Basmati) – 2 cups
Garlic – 1 head
Italian Parsley – 1/3 cup(finely chopped)
Parmesan Cheese(grated) – 1/2 cup
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and butter, then add in onions and saute till soft.
- Add in cauliflower, carrots and salt. Saute until soft and golden.
- Add chicken, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until chicken is golden in color.
- Increase the heat to high and add the white wine. Boil it and reduce the mixture till most of it has evaporated.
- Add the hot chicken broth and rice to it. Mix well.
- Take the whole garlic head and slice the ends off without separating them as shown in the picture.
- Immerse the sliced garlic head into the center of the rice.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to low. Now cover and cook for 15- 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter, parsely and parmesan cheese. Stir it well. The rice should be creamy.
- Serve warm. Garnish with parsley.