I love creamy soups. The cauliflower gives it a distinct flavour and the white cheddar elevates it to the next level. Do give it a try.
Cauliflower – 1 (cut into small pieces)
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt and Pepper
Butter – 3 tbsp
Garlic – 1 clove(chopped)
All-purpose Flour – 3 1/2 tbsp
Half and half Cream – 1.5 cups
Milk – 2 cups
Chicken Broth – 1.5 cups
Parsley(Dried)- 1 tbsp
Thyme- 1 tsp(dried) or 1 tbsp(fresh)
Bay Leaf -1
Sugar – 1 tsp
White Cheddar Cheese (shredded) – 1 cup
Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 F for 25 minutes till golden in color. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot and saute onion for about 4-5 minutes till tender.
- Add in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Now slowly pour in milk, half and half cream and the chicken broth while continuously whisking the mixture. Add parsley, thyme, bay leaf, sugar, the roasted cauliflower, salt and pepper according to taste.
- Bring it to a boil while stirring the mixture, then reduce the heat to low.
- Puree 3 cups of the mixture in a blender and add back into the soup. This will give the soup its thickness.
- Remove it from heat and add in the cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy with a slice of bread or dinner roll.