Who doesn’t love moist and soft yellow cake.This cake is perfect for layering with icing, carving or just to devour as it is. Follow through the steps carefully to get a very moist cake.
- Eggs – 4 (large)
- Sugar – 1 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Cake Flour – 1 cup (For substitution: 1 cup all purpose flour – 2 tbsp all purpose flour + 2 tbsp cornstarch – sifted 3 times)
- Baking Pw -2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Dissolve the eggs and sugar over a double boiler till its warm(around 115 degrees F)
- Now whisk the above mixture at high speed for about 5 minutes till it triples in volume.
- In the meantime melt the butter and milk in a saucepan or microwave till its hot. Add vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients( all purpose flour, cake flour, baking pw and salt) together.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the eggs-sugar mixture and fold it in.
- Take out some of the batter and mix vigorously with the hot milk-butter mixture.
- Now fold it in with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour into prepared pans or cupcake liners.
- Bake till a toothpick inserted comes out clean (30-35 min).
Born in Kerala, ‘the land of coconuts’, I love coconut but baath cake is not from Kerala. It is actually a Goan delicacy.
Try and enjoy!! Trust me, its yummy 🙂
Eggs – 3
Semolina/sooji/rava – 1 cup
Dessicated coconut(fresh if possible)- 2 cups
Sugar – 1 ½ cups
All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
Cornstarch – 1 tbsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Butter (soft) – 3 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tbsp
Warm water – ½ cup
I had tripled the recipe for an event. Therefore the pictures shown below are of the tripled quantity.
- Beat the eggs till they turn fluffy and add the butter to it, beat again for few minutes.
- Grind the grated coconut with warm water to make a thick coarse paste.
- In another bowl, take the semolina, all purpose flour, baking powder, cornstarch, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Now add the ground coarse coconut paste and beaten eggs gradually to the dry ingredients. Mix everything well with a spatula.
- Cover it and keep the above mixture for 8 hours in room temperature (if the climate is chilled) or over night for best results.
- If the climate is hot, cover this cake batter and keep in fridge for 8 hours or overnight, remove an hour earlier to bring it at room temperature before baking.
- Finally add the vanilla essence and give a stir.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer the cake batter to a well greased round or square mold.
- Top it with dry fruits(optional). Bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cut into little squares and serve.