These homemade breakfast sausages are so much tastier than store bought ones. Definitely will be a winner in your family. Enjoy in a breakfast sandwich or by itself. Thanks to Alton Brown.
Ground Pork – 2 lbs
Ground Black Pepper – 2 tsp
Nutmeg Pw – 1/2 tsp
Cayenne pepper/Red Chilly pw – 1/2 tsp
Dried Red pepper flakes – 1/2 tsp
Sage Leaves (chopped) – 2 tsp
Thyme Leaves (chopped) – 2 tsp
Rosemary Leaves(chopped) – 1 tsp
Light Brown Sugar- 1tbsp
Salt – 2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Make round patties with it.
- You can store it in a refrigerator for a week or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the patties on each side till well cooked (about 10 min).
An easy breakfast to go that you can make ahead of time from Martha Stewart. I like the convenience of carrying it with me as I leave home in the morning. Also love the fact that its a make ahead though it definitely cannot offer the taste of fresh hot breakfast in the morning.
Bread Slices – 8
Eggs – 6
Bacon – 6
- Use a dough roller to roll out the bread very thin.
- Cut out the bread using a round cookie cutter.
- Slice the rounds in halves.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon in a pan. Make sure that it does not get overcooked and it is going to get further cooked in the oven.
- Place the bread slices into the muffin tins as shown in the picture.
- Also place a little pc in the middle to cover the bottom (The 2 extra slices are for that).
- Place the bacon in the middle with the edges hanging over.
- Add the egg in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Now bake it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.