Who doesn’t love moist and soft yellow cake.This cake is perfect for layering with icing, carving or just to devour as it is. Follow through the steps carefully to get a very moist cake.
- Eggs – 4 (large)
- Sugar – 1 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Cake Flour – 1 cup (For substitution: 1 cup all purpose flour – 2 tbsp all purpose flour + 2 tbsp cornstarch – sifted 3 times)
- Baking Pw -2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Dissolve the eggs and sugar over a double boiler till its warm(around 115 degrees F)
- Now whisk the above mixture at high speed for about 5 minutes till it triples in volume.
- In the meantime melt the butter and milk in a saucepan or microwave till its hot. Add vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients( all purpose flour, cake flour, baking pw and salt) together.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the eggs-sugar mixture and fold it in.
- Take out some of the batter and mix vigorously with the hot milk-butter mixture.
- Now fold it in with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour into prepared pans or cupcake liners.
- Bake till a toothpick inserted comes out clean (30-35 min).
Wonderfully Healthy and tasty! I made a double batch of these Starbucks inspired oat bars and took it recently to share with my coworkers and it was ‘gone in a jiffy’. You can easily double up the recipe and cook in a rectangular baking tray as shown in the picture. Try and let me know if you like it.
Butter – 1/4 cup
Apple sauce – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
Maple syrup – 1/4 cup (or honey)
Honey – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Quick cooking oats – 3 + 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Grind 2 cups of the oats using a blender till fine in texture.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground oats with the remaining oats and set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter, sugar,honey, maple syrup, apple sauce and salt until well dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and milk.
- Pour into the oat – oat flour mixture.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer into the prepared pan and firmly press down using both hands.
- Bake for 12 -18 mins or until light golden brown in color.
- Let cool completely before cutting into rectangular bars.
These Whoppie Pies are so yummy, its hard to stop with one.
To make the cake sandwiches
All purpose flour – 2 ¼ cups
Cocoa Pw – ¼ cup
Baking pw – ½ tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp (Omitted if using salted butter)
Butter (room temperature) – ¾ cup
Granulated white sugar – 1 cup
Egg – 1(large)
Pure Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Buttermilk – ¾ cup
Liquid red food coloring – 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa pw, baking pw, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the red food coloring and buttermilk and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, whisk the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture in three additions beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Make sure to scrape the bowl in between.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the batter using ice cream scoops onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Space it about 2 inches apart.
- With moistened fingers or with the back of a spoon, smooth the top of the cookies.
- Bake for around ten minutes or until the tops of the cookies spring back when lightly pressed.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Cream Cheese Filling
Butter (room temperature) – ½ cup
Cream Cheese (room temperature) –1 cup
Icing Sugar (Sifted) – 3 cups
Pure Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- In a bowl, beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract and beat till smooth.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in the icing sugar very gradually till well combined
- The filling for the sandwich is ready.
- Take one cookie and spread a heaping tablespoon of the filling on the flat side of the cookie. Top with another cookie with the flat side facing the filling.
- The assembled cookies can be stored, covered in the refrigerator for several days.
- Makes around 15 – 20 sandwiches.