Who doesn’t love moist and soft yellow cake.This cake is perfect for layering with icing, carving or just to devour as it is. Follow through the steps carefully to get a very moist cake.
- Eggs – 4 (large)
- Sugar – 1 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Cake Flour – 1 cup (For substitution: 1 cup all purpose flour – 2 tbsp all purpose flour + 2 tbsp cornstarch – sifted 3 times)
- Baking Pw -2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Dissolve the eggs and sugar over a double boiler till its warm(around 115 degrees F)
- Now whisk the above mixture at high speed for about 5 minutes till it triples in volume.
- In the meantime melt the butter and milk in a saucepan or microwave till its hot. Add vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients( all purpose flour, cake flour, baking pw and salt) together.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the eggs-sugar mixture and fold it in.
- Take out some of the batter and mix vigorously with the hot milk-butter mixture.
- Now fold it in with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour into prepared pans or cupcake liners.
- Bake till a toothpick inserted comes out clean (30-35 min).