Things you need for this project
Food Color – Yellow, Red, Brown, Green
Alcohol like bacardi or gin to dilute the food color.
Wilton Golden Pearl Dust
Brush- make sure that you store the brushes separately and use it only for food color
- Add 2 drops of food color in separate bowls and dilute them with alcohol. Place a few cookies onto a parchment paper on your table.
- Using a paint brush start painting the top and sides with yellow as shown in the picture.
- Then use the red color to fill up the top middle part of the cookie.
- Then the brown color for the lower part of the cookie.
- Lastly the green over the bottom sides as seen in the picture. Let it dry.
- Using royal icing, pipe the veins of the leaves. Let it dry.(Sorry, forgot to get a snap. Got too engrossed in the work).
- Then mix the pearl dust and a drop of alcohol to dilute it.Paint over the top of the piped royal icing.
Decorating Techniques from Sweet Amb Cookies.