This is one of my favorite pasta recipes. Simple and few ingredients. The topping with the bread crumbs takes it to the next level. Adapted from Laura in the Kitchen.Try n enjoy
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Cauliflower – 1(chopped into small florets)
Garlic – 4 cloves (chopped)
Red Chilly Flakes – 1 to 2 tsp according to taste
Chicken Broth – 2 cups
Pasta – 2 cups
Fresh Parsley – 2 tbsp (chopped)
Butter – 2 tbsp
Parmigiano Reggiano – 1 cup
For the topping
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Red Bell Pepper -1 (sliced)
Fresh Bread Crumbs – 1/2 to 1 cup
Parsley – 1 tbsp(chopped)
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute well.
- Add cauliflower to it and saute for ten minutes till it gets a golden brown color. Also add a bit of salt, pepper and crushed red chillies if you like it spicy.
- Add chicken broth to it and let it cook for ten minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the pasta, butter, parsley and parmigiano reggiano to the cauliflower and mix it well.
- In another pan, heat olive oil and saute the red bell peppers.
- Add the bread crumbs and parsley to the bell peppers and saute till the bread crumbs are golden brown in color.
- Add to the pasta. Serve hot. Enjoy.
One of my favorite little activity for summer is to pick blackberries and then include it in baking.
Here is a recipe I recently tried. Its really tasty and easy to make. Try and enjoy.
Found it on pinterest.
For the filling
Blackberries – 4 to 5 cups
Cornstarch – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 3/4 cups
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
For the crust
All Purpose Flour – 3 cups
Sugar – 3/4 cups
Eggs – 3
Butter(cold) – 3/4 cup(cubed into small pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar in a bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter into the mixture really well.
- Stir in beaten eggs into the mixture with a fork.
- Press down half of this mixture into the baking pan so that it forms the bottom part of the crust. (Sorry, missed taking a picture)
- Mix the blackberries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Now add the blackberry mixture on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the dough mixture on top of the blackberry mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or till lightly golden brown in color.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
A dish similar to the chicken and zucchini stir fry at Manchu Wok. Quick and easy.
Chicken – 250 gms( Sliced or cubed)
Cornstarch – 3 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Sesame Oil – 1 tbsp
Zucchini – 2 (Cubed)
Soy Sauce – 1/4 cup
Rice Wine Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Sweet Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp
Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Toss the Chicken with the cornstarch.
- Heat the oil and sesame oil in a pan. Fry the chicken in the oil till golden on each side and remove from the pan.
- Stir fry the zucchini till lightly browned.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and stir fry.
- Add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sweet chilli sauce.
- Stir fry for another minute till well coated.
- Serve hot with white rice.