This is one of the best cakes ever. Super rich but super good too. I served it to my friends and colleagues. They couldn’t stop with 1 piece and wanted me to post the recipe asap. So here it is my friends. . Try and Enjoy!
- Yellow Cake – 1 (baked in a 9 x 13 inch pan):
- Recipe Link for yellow cake – http://cookwithvinu.com/?p=1463
- Evaporated Milk- 1 can
- Condensed Milk – 1 can
- Whole Milk- 1 cup
- Free the edges of the cake from the pan and poke holes all through the cake evenly with a skewer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, condensed milk and whole milk.
- Pour the above mixture onto the cake.
- Let it sink in for a few hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon as a topping if you like. I served it just plain.
Who doesn’t love moist and soft yellow cake.This cake is perfect for layering with icing, carving or just to devour as it is. Follow through the steps carefully to get a very moist cake.
- Eggs – 4 (large)
- Sugar – 1 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Cake Flour – 1 cup (For substitution: 1 cup all purpose flour – 2 tbsp all purpose flour + 2 tbsp cornstarch – sifted 3 times)
- Baking Pw -2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Dissolve the eggs and sugar over a double boiler till its warm(around 115 degrees F)
- Now whisk the above mixture at high speed for about 5 minutes till it triples in volume.
- In the meantime melt the butter and milk in a saucepan or microwave till its hot. Add vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients( all purpose flour, cake flour, baking pw and salt) together.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the eggs-sugar mixture and fold it in.
- Take out some of the batter and mix vigorously with the hot milk-butter mixture.
- Now fold it in with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour into prepared pans or cupcake liners.
- Bake till a toothpick inserted comes out clean (30-35 min).