Jumbalaya, as the name suggests is a mixture of a variety of veggies, meats and shrimp. I love to make one pot meals due to its convenience in a busy schedule. Its whole and hearty.
Olive oil – 3 Tbsp.
Celery(chopped)- 4 sticks
Onion(diced) – 1
Red bell pepper(diced) – 1
Yellow bell pepper (diced) – 1
Green bell pepper(diced) -1
Jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped) – 1 or 2 acc to taste
Garlic (minced) – 4 cloves
Chicken breasts(boneless skinless) – 2 (cut into small pieces)
Andouille sausage, thinly sliced into rounds – 1 lb
Chicken stock – 3 cups
Crushed tomatoes – One 14 oz can
Uncooked white rice – 1 1/2 cups
Cajun Spice – 3 to 4 Tbsp.
Bay leaf – 1
Thyme, crushed – 1 tsp
Cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp.
Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined – 1 lb
salt and pepper – to taste
Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan
Saute celery, onion, bell peppers, jalapeno and garlic for around 5 minutes till the vegetables are soft.
Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, rice, Cajun spice, cayenne pepper pw, bay leaf and thyme and 1/2 cup of water. Mix well.
Goooey Chocolatey brownies. . Yummm.. Its my favorite. I love to devour it slightly warm along with vanilla ice cream. A little bite is enough to satisfy your taste buds and hit the spot. It can look like a lot of work but honestly, its pretty simple.
Butter – 1 cup
All Purpose Flour – 2/3 cup
Sugar- 1 3/4 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Eggs – 3(large)
Banana – 1/2 cup(mashed, about 1 medium banana)
Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
Cocoa Pw – 3/4 cup
For the Topping
Heavy Cream – 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Chocolate – 7 oz
Mini Marshmallow – 2 cups
Almonds(sliced) – 1/4 cup
To Make the Brownie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt butter in a small pan till golden brown in color. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar and salt.
- Add in eggs, banana and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and cocoa and gently fold in till combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
To Make the Topping
To make the Ganache
- Boil cream in a saucepan
- Take the chocolate in a mixing bowl and add the hot cream to it.
- Mix it well with a fork/whisk till it thickens.The ganache is ready.
- Pour this ganache on top of the cooled brownie.
- Let it set for an hour or two.
- Now add the marshmallow on top evenly as well as the sliced almonds.
- Broil it for 30 seconds while rotating the pan every 10 seconds.
- Ensure that the marshmallows do not get burnt. It should be golden yellow.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy.
Adapted from Fine Cooking
I love creamy soups. The cauliflower gives it a distinct flavour and the white cheddar elevates it to the next level. Do give it a try.
Cauliflower – 1 (cut into small pieces)
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt and Pepper
Butter – 3 tbsp
Garlic – 1 clove(chopped)
All-purpose Flour – 3 1/2 tbsp
Half and half Cream – 1.5 cups
Milk – 2 cups
Chicken Broth – 1.5 cups
Parsley(Dried)- 1 tbsp
Thyme- 1 tsp(dried) or 1 tbsp(fresh)
Bay Leaf -1
Sugar – 1 tsp
White Cheddar Cheese (shredded) – 1 cup
Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 F for 25 minutes till golden in color. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot and saute onion for about 4-5 minutes till tender.
- Add in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Now slowly pour in milk, half and half cream and the chicken broth while continuously whisking the mixture. Add parsley, thyme, bay leaf, sugar, the roasted cauliflower, salt and pepper according to taste.
- Bring it to a boil while stirring the mixture, then reduce the heat to low.
- Puree 3 cups of the mixture in a blender and add back into the soup. This will give the soup its thickness.
- Remove it from heat and add in the cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy with a slice of bread or dinner roll.
This is an all in one dish – a perfect one pot meal. It is wonderfully creamy with lovely flavours.
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Butter – 4 tbsp
Carrots – 2 (grated)
Cauliflower – a small pc(cut into small florets)
Chicken thighs – 1.5 lbs (cut into small pieces)
Salt – 2 tsp
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Bay Leaves – 2
Dry white wine – 1 cup
Chicken broth(hot) – 5 cups
White rice (Jasmine or Basmati) – 2 cups
Garlic – 1 head
Italian Parsley – 1/3 cup(finely chopped)
Parmesan Cheese(grated) – 1/2 cup
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and butter, then add in onions and saute till soft.
- Add in cauliflower, carrots and salt. Saute until soft and golden.
- Add chicken, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until chicken is golden in color.
- Increase the heat to high and add the white wine. Boil it and reduce the mixture till most of it has evaporated.
- Add the hot chicken broth and rice to it. Mix well.
- Take the whole garlic head and slice the ends off without separating them as shown in the picture.
- Immerse the sliced garlic head into the center of the rice.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to low. Now cover and cook for 15- 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter, parsely and parmesan cheese. Stir it well. The rice should be creamy.
- Serve warm. Garnish with parsley.