This was another one of my favorite dish at Olive Garden and as usual I wanted to replicate it at home. It was great. This was adapted from food.com. If you love Olive Garden Italian food, you would love this.
For the Stuffing
Mozarrella – 1 cup
Parmesan Cheese – 1/4 cup
Artichoke and Asiago cheese dip – 1/4 cup (the original called for Provolone cheese)
Sour Cream – 1/3 cup
Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 3 cloves (chopped)
Tomato Paste – 1 tbsp
Crushed Red Chili Flakes- 1/2 tsp
Salt and pepper – to taste
For the Chicken
Chicken Breasts – 4
Olive Oil/ Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
All purpose Flour – 1 cup
Salt and Pepper – to taste
For the sauce
Mushrooms – 4 to 6 cups
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Marsala Wine or Pinot Grigio – 2 cups
Heavy Cream – 1/2 cup
- Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing in a bowl. Set aside
- Butterfly the chicken so that you can place the stuffing in the middle and pound the chicken so that it is flat. I just used my dough roller to pound it.
- Stuff the chicken and place it onto a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip both the sides of the chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Dust the excess off and shallow fry in the pan till both sides get a golden brown color.
- Now place it in a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Saute onion in a pan with very little oil.
- Add mushrooms to it. Saute for couple of minutes.
- Add the Marsala wine and heavy cream and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer the heat and reduce the liquid by half.
- Place the chicken on the serving plate and top with 2-3 tbsp of the sauce. Serve along with mashed potatoes and pasta(optional).