Poori is a deep fried bread made from whole wheat bread flour. Fun and easy to prepare.I still love to watch the pooris puff up like hot balloons while frying.
Whole wheat bread flour (rogers) or atta – 1 ½ cups
Water – enough to make a dough.
Oil – 1 tbsp
Oil – for deep frying
1. Mix the flour and salt together.
2. Add water little by little and make a stiff dough.
3. Divide the dough into small balls without creases.
4. Dab the dough balls in oil before rolling.(for easy rolling)
5. Roll out the balls using a rolling pin to form a round thin sheet.
6. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
7. Make sure the oil is hot and add the rolled sheet into it.
8. The poori will puff up like a balloon.
9. Flip it to the other side and press down with the spatula for a few seconds.
10. Drain the poori and take it onto paper towels.
11. Enjoy with potato masala or any other curry.
Here is the cooking show I did in 2011 on Shaw TV. It has three recipes: Poori , Potato masala and Kesari. Hope you enjoy!