This is one of my favorite pasta recipes. Simple and few ingredients. The topping with the bread crumbs takes it to the next level. Adapted from Laura in the Kitchen.Try n enjoy
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Cauliflower – 1(chopped into small florets)
Garlic – 4 cloves (chopped)
Red Chilly Flakes – 1 to 2 tsp according to taste
Chicken Broth – 2 cups
Pasta – 2 cups
Fresh Parsley – 2 tbsp (chopped)
Butter – 2 tbsp
Parmigiano Reggiano – 1 cup
For the topping
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Red Bell Pepper -1 (sliced)
Fresh Bread Crumbs – 1/2 to 1 cup
Parsley – 1 tbsp(chopped)
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute well.
- Add cauliflower to it and saute for ten minutes till it gets a golden brown color. Also add a bit of salt, pepper and crushed red chillies if you like it spicy.
- Add chicken broth to it and let it cook for ten minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the pasta, butter, parsley and parmigiano reggiano to the cauliflower and mix it well.
- In another pan, heat olive oil and saute the red bell peppers.
- Add the bread crumbs and parsley to the bell peppers and saute till the bread crumbs are golden brown in color.
- Add to the pasta. Serve hot. Enjoy.
One of my favorite little activity for summer is to pick blackberries and then include it in baking.
Here is a recipe I recently tried. Its really tasty and easy to make. Try and enjoy.
Found it on pinterest.
For the filling
Blackberries – 4 to 5 cups
Cornstarch – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 3/4 cups
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
For the crust
All Purpose Flour – 3 cups
Sugar – 3/4 cups
Eggs – 3
Butter(cold) – 3/4 cup(cubed into small pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar in a bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter into the mixture really well.
- Stir in beaten eggs into the mixture with a fork.
- Press down half of this mixture into the baking pan so that it forms the bottom part of the crust. (Sorry, missed taking a picture)
- Mix the blackberries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Now add the blackberry mixture on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the dough mixture on top of the blackberry mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or till lightly golden brown in color.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
A dish similar to the chicken and zucchini stir fry at Manchu Wok. Quick and easy.
Chicken – 250 gms( Sliced or cubed)
Cornstarch – 3 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Sesame Oil – 1 tbsp
Zucchini – 2 (Cubed)
Soy Sauce – 1/4 cup
Rice Wine Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Sweet Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp
Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Toss the Chicken with the cornstarch.
- Heat the oil and sesame oil in a pan. Fry the chicken in the oil till golden on each side and remove from the pan.
- Stir fry the zucchini till lightly browned.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and stir fry.
- Add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sweet chilli sauce.
- Stir fry for another minute till well coated.
- Serve hot with white rice.
This is one of the best cakes ever. Super rich but super good too. I served it to my friends and colleagues. They couldn’t stop with 1 piece and wanted me to post the recipe asap. So here it is my friends. . Try and Enjoy!
- Yellow Cake – 1 (baked in a 9 x 13 inch pan):
- Recipe Link for yellow cake – http://cookwithvinu.com/?p=1463
- Evaporated Milk- 1 can
- Condensed Milk – 1 can
- Whole Milk- 1 cup
- Free the edges of the cake from the pan and poke holes all through the cake evenly with a skewer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, condensed milk and whole milk.
- Pour the above mixture onto the cake.
- Let it sink in for a few hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon as a topping if you like. I served it just plain.
Who doesn’t love moist and soft yellow cake.This cake is perfect for layering with icing, carving or just to devour as it is. Follow through the steps carefully to get a very moist cake.
- Eggs – 4 (large)
- Sugar – 1 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Cake Flour – 1 cup (For substitution: 1 cup all purpose flour – 2 tbsp all purpose flour + 2 tbsp cornstarch – sifted 3 times)
- Baking Pw -2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Dissolve the eggs and sugar over a double boiler till its warm(around 115 degrees F)
- Now whisk the above mixture at high speed for about 5 minutes till it triples in volume.
- In the meantime melt the butter and milk in a saucepan or microwave till its hot. Add vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients( all purpose flour, cake flour, baking pw and salt) together.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the eggs-sugar mixture and fold it in.
- Take out some of the batter and mix vigorously with the hot milk-butter mixture.
- Now fold it in with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour into prepared pans or cupcake liners.
- Bake till a toothpick inserted comes out clean (30-35 min).
Jumbalaya, as the name suggests is a mixture of a variety of veggies, meats and shrimp. I love to make one pot meals due to its convenience in a busy schedule. Its whole and hearty.
Olive oil – 3 Tbsp.
Celery(chopped)- 4 sticks
Onion(diced) – 1
Red bell pepper(diced) – 1
Yellow bell pepper (diced) – 1
Green bell pepper(diced) -1
Jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped) – 1 or 2 acc to taste
Garlic (minced) – 4 cloves
Chicken breasts(boneless skinless) – 2 (cut into small pieces)
Andouille sausage, thinly sliced into rounds – 1 lb
Chicken stock – 3 cups
Crushed tomatoes – One 14 oz can
Uncooked white rice – 1 1/2 cups
Cajun Spice – 3 to 4 Tbsp.
Bay leaf – 1
Thyme, crushed – 1 tsp
Cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp.
Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined – 1 lb
salt and pepper – to taste
Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan
Saute celery, onion, bell peppers, jalapeno and garlic for around 5 minutes till the vegetables are soft.
Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, rice, Cajun spice, cayenne pepper pw, bay leaf and thyme and 1/2 cup of water. Mix well.
Goooey Chocolatey brownies. . Yummm.. Its my favorite. I love to devour it slightly warm along with vanilla ice cream. A little bite is enough to satisfy your taste buds and hit the spot. It can look like a lot of work but honestly, its pretty simple.
Butter – 1 cup
All Purpose Flour – 2/3 cup
Sugar- 1 3/4 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Eggs – 3(large)
Banana – 1/2 cup(mashed, about 1 medium banana)
Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
Cocoa Pw – 3/4 cup
For the Topping
Heavy Cream – 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Chocolate – 7 oz
Mini Marshmallow – 2 cups
Almonds(sliced) – 1/4 cup
To Make the Brownie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt butter in a small pan till golden brown in color. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar and salt.
- Add in eggs, banana and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and cocoa and gently fold in till combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
To Make the Topping
To make the Ganache
- Boil cream in a saucepan
- Take the chocolate in a mixing bowl and add the hot cream to it.
- Mix it well with a fork/whisk till it thickens.The ganache is ready.
- Pour this ganache on top of the cooled brownie.
- Let it set for an hour or two.
- Now add the marshmallow on top evenly as well as the sliced almonds.
- Broil it for 30 seconds while rotating the pan every 10 seconds.
- Ensure that the marshmallows do not get burnt. It should be golden yellow.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy.
Adapted from Fine Cooking
I love creamy soups. The cauliflower gives it a distinct flavour and the white cheddar elevates it to the next level. Do give it a try.
Cauliflower – 1 (cut into small pieces)
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt and Pepper
Butter – 3 tbsp
Garlic – 1 clove(chopped)
All-purpose Flour – 3 1/2 tbsp
Half and half Cream – 1.5 cups
Milk – 2 cups
Chicken Broth – 1.5 cups
Parsley(Dried)- 1 tbsp
Thyme- 1 tsp(dried) or 1 tbsp(fresh)
Bay Leaf -1
Sugar – 1 tsp
White Cheddar Cheese (shredded) – 1 cup
Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 F for 25 minutes till golden in color. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot and saute onion for about 4-5 minutes till tender.
- Add in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Now slowly pour in milk, half and half cream and the chicken broth while continuously whisking the mixture. Add parsley, thyme, bay leaf, sugar, the roasted cauliflower, salt and pepper according to taste.
- Bring it to a boil while stirring the mixture, then reduce the heat to low.
- Puree 3 cups of the mixture in a blender and add back into the soup. This will give the soup its thickness.
- Remove it from heat and add in the cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy with a slice of bread or dinner roll.
This is an all in one dish – a perfect one pot meal. It is wonderfully creamy with lovely flavours.
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Butter – 4 tbsp
Carrots – 2 (grated)
Cauliflower – a small pc(cut into small florets)
Chicken thighs – 1.5 lbs (cut into small pieces)
Salt – 2 tsp
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Bay Leaves – 2
Dry white wine – 1 cup
Chicken broth(hot) – 5 cups
White rice (Jasmine or Basmati) – 2 cups
Garlic – 1 head
Italian Parsley – 1/3 cup(finely chopped)
Parmesan Cheese(grated) – 1/2 cup
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and butter, then add in onions and saute till soft.
- Add in cauliflower, carrots and salt. Saute until soft and golden.
- Add chicken, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until chicken is golden in color.
- Increase the heat to high and add the white wine. Boil it and reduce the mixture till most of it has evaporated.
- Add the hot chicken broth and rice to it. Mix well.
- Take the whole garlic head and slice the ends off without separating them as shown in the picture.
- Immerse the sliced garlic head into the center of the rice.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to low. Now cover and cook for 15- 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter, parsely and parmesan cheese. Stir it well. The rice should be creamy.
- Serve warm. Garnish with parsley.
As a kid, I never liked to eat my vegetables. Had I known this dish back then, I am sure I would have finished my veggies in no time.
Healthy, time friendly, kid friendly, this is a must try recipe.
Cauliflower – 1 (large, broken into florets)
Garlic – 6 Cloves
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper – 1 tsp
Crushed red chillies – 1/2 to 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Olive Oil – 4 tbsp
Parmesan Cheese – 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Spread the cauliflower florets and garlic in a baking tray lined with aluminium foil.
- Add salt, black pepper, crushed red chillies, lemon juice and olive oil. Give it a quick stir.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 -40 minutes till it is golden brown in color. Give it a stir half way through so that it browns evenly.